Thank you Santa Fe Voters!
November 7, 2023 General Election
Who am I and Why am I running?
A chemist by training, I have been a STEM educator, advocate and community organizer for over three decades. I am passionate about STEM education as a path to prosperity and in promoting diversity and equity in STEM disciplines.
I really believe SFCC has a great role in the education of our youth and in building the innovation infrastructure in New Mexico. I will leverage my 26 years of experience in community service in Santa Fe and my perspective as a STEM professional and educator to be an effective board member.
Multi-disciplinary approach to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math (STEAM) education
Cutting edge Teacher Training in STEAM education
Sustainable Technologies and Environmental Studies offerings
More options for high school students in dual-credit and college courses
More bootcamps and certificate programs for stacking credentials and workforce development
Apprenticeships and internships
Regular public events on campus
Services on evenings and weekends
Community and innovation hub
Experienced STEM Educator and Community Organizer
Founder of STEM Santa Fe, Award-winning Educator, Parent, Life-long learner
In the Press/Media
- O'Hara, M. (2023, November 8). Boses easily beats challengers for Santa Fe school board; school taxes all pass. Santa Fe New Mexican.
- Charnot, M. (2023, November 8). Boses, Germann win board seats at SFPS and SFCC. Santa Fe Reporter.
- [KSFR (101.1 FM)]. (2023, October 21). Living on The Edge [Audio]. KSFR.
- [KTRC (103.7 FM)]. (2023, October 20). Richard Eeds Show [Audio]. KTRC.
- Julig, C., O’Hara, M., & Hilty, M. (2023, October 19). Data shows varied voting records for local election candidates. Santa Fe New Mexican.
- O'Hara, M. (2023, October 11). Santa Fe school board, community college board candidates say public input important. Santa Fe New Mexican.
- O'Hara, M. (2023, October 7). SFCC board candidates aim to bolster recruitment, retention. Santa Fe New Mexican.
- Charnot, M. (2023, September 14). Two Seek SFCC Board Seat. Santa Fe Reporter.
- Goldberg, J. (2023, September 3). Founder Lina Germann steps down from STEM Santa Fe. Santa Fe New Mexican.
- Kaplar, W. (2023, May 15). STEM Santa Fe. New Mexico Kids!
- [NM PBS]. (2023, April 23). Report from Santa Fe - Dr. Lina Germann [Video]. PBS.
- [KSFR (101.1 FM)]. (2022, October 19). Community Matters: STEM Santa Fe [Audio]. KSFR.
- Germann, L. (2022, February 28). Closing the gap for students underrepresented in STEM. Santa Fe New Mexican.
- Goldberg, J. (2019, August 28). Problem Solving: STEM Santa Fe wants to ensure no young scientist is left behind. Santa Fe Reporter.